Quotes

“Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.” – Charlotte Mason

"To educate man is the art of arts, for he is the most complex and mysterious of all creatures." - Gregory the Theologian

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lines from The Princess Bride that Double as Comments on Freshman Composition Papers


“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
“At a time like this that’s all you can think to say?”
“Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.”
“I don’t think I’m quite familiar with that phrase.”
“I would not say such things if I were you!”
“I do not suppose you could speed things up?”
“Skip to the end!”
“That is the sound of ultimate suffering.”
“Inconceivable!”

2 comments:

  1. This was funny! Thanks for the good laugh. I think I'm overdue to watch that movie again.

    ReplyDelete