Quotes

“Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.” – Charlotte Mason

"To educate man is the art of arts, for he is the most complex and mysterious of all creatures." - Gregory the Theologian

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Discovering a Hidden Treasure - MOMO

Over at the Circe Institute blog, there was an interview posted with Jeffrey Overstreet in which he mentions an overlooked children's story by Michael Ende called Momo.  I love finding hidden treasures, so I went off to look for a copy of the book.  It is out of print in the USA, but thanks to Amazon.com I was able to get an inexpensive copy from the UK in a few days.

Momo is the story of a little girl with a special gift and her battle with the forces of modern efficiency.  My wife and I enjoyed the story as much as our children did.  It reminded me just a little bit of another of my favorites, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.  

Momo

No comments:

Post a Comment