Quotes

“Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.” – Charlotte Mason

"To educate man is the art of arts, for he is the most complex and mysterious of all creatures." - Gregory the Theologian

Monday, May 30, 2011

On Fairy Tales

I've been doing some research on fairy tales and came across this helpful site.  It has a page of great quotations.  Here are a couple:

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."
~Albert Einstein~

"Think what you would have been now, if instead of being fed with tales and old wives' fables in childhood, you had been crammed with geography and natural history!"
Charles Lamb to Samuel Coleridge 


No comments:

Post a Comment