Quotes

“Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.” – Charlotte Mason

"To educate man is the art of arts, for he is the most complex and mysterious of all creatures." - Gregory the Theologian

Monday, April 25, 2011

Job Description - Home School Mom

In honor of home school moms, I wrote up a sample job description:

Applicant must demonstrate skill, experience, or aptitude in many of the following areas (Amateurs preferred):

  • Spiritual Guide
  • Nurse
  • Chef
  • Historian
  • Mathematician
  • Bus Driver
  • Literary Critic
  • Poet
  • Artist
  • Janitor
  • Musician
  • Naturalist
  • Plumber
  • Coach
  • Scientist
Degrees required from institutions of higher learning:  NONE

Personality traits:  adventuresome, loves children, loves to learn

Job Title:  Home School Mom


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. As someone who was homeschooled, I can testify that the job of homeschool mom takes all of that, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds very elisabethan to me ;)
    as for me . . .i'm still working on the janitorial prerequisites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - your comment made me think that I may have things reversed. Don't think of them as prerequisites. Perhaps the title of this post should be "What a Home School Mom Looks Like After a Few Years of Homeschooling"!

    ReplyDelete